Advantages of using a central server:
Security and Privacy
The internal messenger server guards against viruses and other network security risks. This creates secure communication network for your group. You can even isolate your local network with internet, and still, not lost connection with colleagues.
Monitor all activity on the server
All IM communications between users are auditable and key word filtering, everything is under control. This protects corporate communications, be more security and stability.
Excellent file transfer capabilities
Extremely fast file transfer undertaken within centralized server. Send offline message, transfer files, folders to offline users come true. Take advantage of the high transfer speed.
This BigAnt messenger requires very low bandwidth for text chatting, and takes average 5Kb per user for video/voice chat, and more bandwidth required when file transferring, to save bandwidth, you can disable the video/voice chat and file transfer features for particular users, this is in the server console/user management/roles settings.
System requirements for Server machine:
BigAnt server requires Access or SQL server to create its database, and only if you have over 100 on-line users, a full-blown SQL server is required.Operation system requirements:
- NT 4.0 SP4/Windows 2000/XP/2003/vista/2008 All versions supported
- Windows 2000/XP/2003/vista/2008 All versions supported
- 10~100 users:Intel Pentium CPU or above, 2 GB hard disk, 128 MB memory available
- 100~800 users: SQL server, Dual-core Intel Pentium CPU or above, 20 GB hard disk, 2GB memory available
- Over 800 up to 5000 users: SQL Server, Physical dual CPU or above, 200 GB hard disk, 8GB memory available
System requirements for Client computers:Operation system requirements:
- NT/Windows 2000/XP/2003/vista/2008/7 All versions supported
- Intel Pentium CPU or above, 2 GB hard disk, 128 MB memory available